Thursday, November 1, 2012

Day 3

Yesterday concluded day 3. According to all Medifast literature, as of the end of day 3, you are in ketosis ("fat burning mode"). So, let's raise our glass of water to being in "fat burning mode"! Speaking of glasses of water, I met my "drink half your body weight in ounces of water" goal yesterday! Wow, that's a lot of hooch!!! But, I did it, and it felt great. I don't think I've been to the bathroom quite so much in my life, but it felt sort of "cleansing" to constantly be getting rid of something.

Yesterday afternoon I struggled a little bit with "munchies." It's not even that I wanted something nearby, but I'd see something online or hear something on the radio, start thinking about food, and my stomach would growl. It was TOTALLY mental. So, I fixed myself a big bowl of Medifast soup (chicken and wild rice) with double the water and a bouillon cube (I wanted the most volume). That seriously ROCKED. It was so warm and filling, and it ended my "cravings" for the day.

Of course, yesterday was Halloween, so that meant "goodies" everywhere. Candy bowl at work, "spooky treat" contest at work, passing out candy after work... But, I'm proud to say that I wasn't really tempted at all. The candy bowl at work beckoned me once when I walked by, but I just kept walking. "Spooky treats" just don't really appeal to me. I'm not really interested in eating a cupcake with an eyeball on it... This year mom and I went to a friend's house and helped them pass out candy. With all 4 of us in the house being on Medifast, we didn't even want to buy candy to hand out. If we had any left over (and you know we would), it would have been a serious stumbling block.

Mom and I were both BEAT last night, so we ate out at a local restaurant (Jersey's). We both stayed on program. I had land and sea (a skewer of beef and a skewer of shrimp) with steamed broccoli and a side salad (very little dressing). Mom had a grilled chicken salad (also with very little dressing). It felt good to relax outside the house a bit, but not blow our diet. I love that we can still eat out without fear of going off plan.

Well, that was day 3...here's to day 4! I've already had 48 oz. of water and I've been awake for 2 hours (crazy)! Also, as of the scale this morning, I'm down another 2 pounds, making for a total loss of 6.4 since Monday. I'm so excited!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment