Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Victory? I think so.

We went to the McCurdys' to watch the Bama game on Saturday, and we did cheat a little bit. I had a few BBQ nachos (heavenly), 1 bowl of chili, and 1 piece of apple pie (also heavenly). Some of you reading might say "wow, you cheated a lot." Maybe so. But, a month ago, I'd have eaten 2 plates of nachos, 2 bowls of chili, and a piece of apple pie WITH ice cream. I know me. I would have been in and out of that kitchen constantly "munching"; grabbing chips here, a little more chili there, until I was so full that I would burst. But, I hate my litte portion very slowly savoring each bite, and then I went on about my business. No, I can't say that I ever felt "full." I did feel satisfied. I kept thinking "I really could eat more, and I'd like to. But, I don't need to. This is enough." So, to me, that felt like a victory. I was able to enjoy some really tasty food at an event without making the ENTIRE evening about the food. I left satisfied that I'd tried some of my friends' really tasty treats, but I didn't gorge myself. When my friend asked if I'd like some chili to take home, I politely responded "No thank you. I've got to be back on Medifast tomorrow." And, I was.

Sunday, the scale number was only up a half pound. For a cheat night, that's freaking awesome for me. So, Sunday I purposed to drink my water, and sure enough, on Monday, the scale was not down half a pound, it was down 2 more! So, for week one, I lost a total of 8.2 pounds. NOT TOO SHABBY!

Monday I felt a little crummy, but I am sure that was from my body getting back into ketosis (and, its freaking Monday, who feels good?).

Today I'm feeling good! I'm ready to continue moving forward. Yeah, I cheated on my first week. But, I cheated responsibly, and I feel like I've made the plan fit into my life. The next day, I was back on plan full force. Life will never slow down for me to be on a diet. If I sit at home being a hermit on a diet, I'll get fed up and go completely wild. So, a little nacho here and there keeps it real. The second word in "healthy life" is LIFE.

No comments:

Post a Comment